Wednesday, May 23, 2012
English response 1.
Jimmy had helped rebuild Sophie's confidence and find happiness by regaining her love for pottery making. Although she is hesitant at first, Jimmy persuades her that if he can find the right equipment to help her start pottery again, she will be able to do it again. '"Listen, if we can get hold of a wheel," he said, "then I reckon I can get access to a kiln." "Really?" I said, now interested.' (p.237). Jimmy helps Sophie go back to making pottery, and with the persuasion of offering to take her to a pottery barn, Sophie slowly starts to make an emotional recovery. This shows that Jimmy wants Sophie to regain her confidence and get back on her feet again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jess, this is a good paragraph. But I think that you should have more quoted in it. But other than that it is well written.
ReplyDelete*quotes
DeleteReally great paragraph Jess, it is well written but it could be a lot longer. You need a clearer topic sentence and concluding sentence and also you should be writing in present tense, Mrs Damen said it a few lessons back. Anyways, Great job :)
Delete